Tuesday, October 7, 2008

GChat = GCreepy

Is it me or does the Google Chat function make you feel awkward at times? I didn't do too hot on the analogies section of the SAT's, but I compare the Gchat application to being like the Men's Room at Port Authority. I feel like I am on the end of a long row of urinals, taking a long piss, making eye contact with everyone that Gmail chooses to put for me on Gchat. I honestly don't chat a lot, but for some reason I sometimes feel obligated to because I feel like everyone that is available (green) is staring at me not saying anything. I equate those that are busy (orange) as taking up the stalls in the bathroom and those that are in "do not disturb mode" (red) just washed their hands and left...but they'll be back.

I don't know, it gets awkward. I only talk to like 2 or 3 people on my list. Everyone else is from some walk of my life, however there are at least 3 or 4 people that I have never seen, nor have ever spoken to.


Does Gmail want me to make new friends with random individuals that I have had the honor of being in an email chain with? Gmail you sly devil you. I guess this algorithm is the baby of Google's future Matchmaker application. Random thought: I am sure there will be a time where you can put a G in front of anything because it looks like Google will make their own version of every entity on this earth. Gtrees, Gpocketbooks, Goboes, GreincarnatedChristopherColumbus (so he can tell us what really went down), Gsoup.


Anyway, I don't mind chatting with anyone. And I could easily sign out of chat, but what's the fun of that? It's like having a serious staring contest. And for those who know me know that Donz does not lose starring contests (except to Anoop Raman in 10th grade... after 35 minutes... on a bus trip to Boston).

Oh yea I got fired last week.

From my mind to yourz, Donz.

No comments: